Arsenal news: Gunners in Paulo Dybala transfer battle amid Thomas Partey injury blow

Arsenal are hoping to secure their third successful Premier League victory but could be without Thomas Partey for the near future as Gunners dealt injury blow

Mikel Arteta with Granite Xhaka and Thomas Partey.
Mikel Arteta with Granite Xhaka and Thomas Partey.

Arsenal will be looking to cement their place in the Premier League top-four when they head to West Ham United on Sunday afternoon.

The Gunners are searching for their third successful win after beating Chelsea and Manchester United to put a place in the Champions League places back in their own hands. Defeats against Southampton, Brighton & Hove Albion and Crystal Palace had put Mikel Arteta’s side behind Tottenham Hotspur in the race for that fourth spot.

However, a recent slump in form for Spurs has opened up the gap for Arsenal to creep back into the ascendancy. With five games to go, there is set to be plenty more twists and turns before the end of the season.

Mirror Sport has your latest Arsenal headlines ahead of the trip to London Stadium, including a Thomas Partey injury update, plus the latest behind Paulo Dybala’s future.

Partey injury blow

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has said that he fears midfielder Thomas Partey will not return from injury this season. It comes at a key moment for the Gunners, who head into the final few games of the season with the Champions League qualification still on the line.

The Ghanaian limped off in the side’s 3-0 defeat at Crystal Palace earlier this month, with his thigh causing a problem that was said to keep him out for “weeks”. Fears over his return lessened, as Partey appeared to step up his recovery.

However, Arteta confirmed that he doesn’t expect him to be available for the rest of the season. Speaking in his pre-match press conference ahead of Sunday’s game at West Ham, he said: “He’s [Partey] progressing but he had a significant injury so we don’t expect him to make progress quickly enough to see him again this season. ”

Read the story in full HERE.

Arsenal’s Dybala pursuit

Arsenal, Manchester United and Newcastle have all joined Tottenham in the race for Juventus forward Paulo Dybala, according to reports. The 28-year-old is set to be a free agent in the summer, with his contract at the Bianconeri expiring.

It comes at a time where Arteta is looking to add a striker to his squad, with the duo Alexandre Lacazette and Eddie Nketiah set to leave as free agents themselves. Discussing the need to bolster his attacking options, the Spaniard said: “Now is the moment we have to raise the quality.







Juventus striker Paulo Dybala.
(

Image:

Getty Images)

Who will Paulo Dybala sign for this summer? Let us know in the comments below!

“We need one who puts the ball in the net, that’s priority number one. Any successful team needs enough goal threat in the squad.” A number of players have been linked with this role, from Dominic Calvert-Lewin to Gabriel Jesus.

And it seems as though Dybala is the latest, as ESPN reports that Arsenal, Manchester United, Newcastle and Tottenham have all made contact with his agent asking to be kept informed on his situation. Whether they would fit into Arteta’s system remains to be seen, as they are often used as a second striker in a front two.

Where that could work, however, is Spurs. Antonio Conte’s side are said to have been in contact with the Argentinian’s agent for months, with a deal in 2019 under Mauricio Pochettino collapsing previously. The Italian coach is thought to want to revamp his squad, having only made two additions back in January. However, both Dejan Kulusevski and Rodrigo Bentancur have impressed, opening the door to potentially more signings this summer.

Read the story in full HERE.

Beller’s hope

Mikel Arteta has revealed that he is planning for Hector Bellerin to return to Arsenal next season when his loan spell at Real Betis comes to an end.

The Spaniard ended a 10-year stay in North London when they secured a deadline day loan move to Los Verdiblancos last summer. He has enjoyed an immensely successful period with his boyhood club helping them claim their first trophy in 17 years thanks to a victory over Valencia in the Copa del Rey final.

Betis are also in with a fighting chance of claiming a Champions League qualification, and Bellerin’s impressive performances have sparked rumors that the La Liga side could be looking to bring him in for around € 10 million this summer. However, Arteta has revealed that she is still planning for the 27-year-old to come back to the Emirates next year.

“Any player with a contractual obligation with us, both ways, is our player and is considered our player,” the Gunners boss said. “Every plan considers that possibility (that Bellerin could stay) exists and how they can fit into our team.”

Read the story in full HERE.

Read More

Read More